When Is The Right Time to Switch IT Companies?
The technological world is rapidly evolving, making it difficult for companies to keep up with the times. The rapid changes are forcing companies to outsource IT support from managed service providers, and this partnership plays an essential role in ensuring the smooth running of everyday business operations.
However, if your IT company isn’t meeting the IT needs of your business, it is advisable to switch to a more reliable IT company.
But what are the signs that it’s time to change IT companies?
Signs That You Need to Switch to a Different IT Company
You may want to switch your IT Service provider due to the following reasons:
- Your current IT company was unable to transition you to working remotely
- You’ve been experiencing recurring technical hitches with no permanent solution in sight
- Your company is continually experiencing system downtime, and your IT company is taking long hours to respond
- Your IT company is failing to keep your systems up-to-date
- Your IT company is no longer meeting the needs of your business
Finding a New IT Support Provider
Switching to a new IT company is deemed a daunting task. It’s crucial to transition smoothly to minimize downtime and ensure that your business operations continue to run smoothly. The first step in your transition is finding a new reliable IT company.
How to Smoothly Transition While Switching IT Companies: Once you’ve found a new IT company that you’re confident in, the next step is transitioning.
The following are a few vital steps to take as you transition:
- Get Full Control Of Your Networks: When you outsource your IT services, you give your IT company full control over your systems. For this reason, the first thing you need to do as you transition is to gain full control of your network and files.
- Acquire Your Entire IT Documentation: As you transition, you will need to get full IT documentation of your systems. This documentation will include a list of account credentials, usernames, passwords, network maps, and hardware and software disks. Give your current IT support provider access to this documentation as it will help them identify your main challenges and implement permanent IT solutions.
- Get Access to All Copies of Your Data Backup: You would need to get access to all copies of your data backups if your previous IT company was backing up everything. Having access to all these copies will help prevent a scenario where your previous IT company has access to your company’s information.
- Ensure Your New IT Company Performs a Comprehensive Security Assessment of Your Systems: Your new IT company should carry out an extensive security assessment of your systems. This analysis will enable them to recommend and integrate long-lasting security measures that will minimize risks.
- Give Your Current IT Support Provider Notice: Once your new IT team is in place, inform your current IT company that you are planning to switch to a new IT company.
- Inform Your Employees of the Change: Once you’ve fully transitioned, inform your employees about the change in IT suppliers.
Are You Thinking of Switching to a Reliable IT Company?
CTECH Consulting Group is here to help. With years of experience in providing IT support solutions for businesses in Calgary, we are your trusted IT company.
Why CTECH Consulting Group?
- We offer cost-effective IT services, helping you reduce your overall IT costs while also keeping you more competitive
- We ensure that you experience no system downtime
- We offer month to month contracts improving your flexibility
- We are currently offering COVID-19 discounts
- If you sign up with us for a year, you get free services on the 12th month
- When you sign up with us, the onboarding fee can be waved, and your systems are assessed for free
Get in touch with us today, and let us offer you custom-made and remote IT solutions to help you during the transition process and impact your business.