Coronavirus Update In Calgary
The City of Calgary Implemented Its Municipal Emergency Plan on March 12, 2020, in Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic… It’s Time for Businesses to Modernize – And Fast.
The World Health Organization (WHO) labeled Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, as a pandemic on March 11, 2020. This was not unexpected as we’ve seen the virus act swiftly – affecting numerous people around the globe. The Public Health Agency of Canada, alongside public health authorities at all levels of government, are working together to take the latest science and the situation at hand into consideration – ensuring we’re prepared to respond to the virus.
What’s Happening in Calgary?
The City of Calgary implemented its municipal emergency plan on March 12, 2020 in response to the pandemic. Officials will be prioritizing delivery and dedicating resources to areas that are deemed a priority. Their website mentioned the importance of social distancing and physical separation. As such, they are asking all city employees who can work from home to do so and working hard to keep those who aren’t able to work from home safe. They believe this will better protect all employees.
Mayor Nenshi acknowledged that although there have only been 15 cases in the city so far, it’s essential to take the right steps to prevent further cases and slow down the spread of the COVID-19 virus. He pointed to how pandemics typically spread as a reason to act as quickly as possible in our efforts – stating the following:
“This is going to get worse. There will certainly be more cases. And we will certainly have serious cases. But there is no reason to panic.”
Residents of the city are encouraged to take advantage of online services, such as getting permits or buying bus bases via the internet rather than going into city hall. There are no plans, as of yet, to close down those face-to-face services, but it’s essential to prepare for the potential of closures.
How Should Businesses Prepare to Keep Operating Despite Social Distancing?
Individuals and businesses alike need to be prepared to keep their distance from crowded areas, as well as potentially quarantine in the event of a large-scale outbreak throughout the city. For businesses, it’s crucial to enable employees to work from home as soon as possible. CTECH, a leading technology solutions firm, is here to help. First and foremost, here are the measures we’ve taken:
- Our employees are asked to work from home if they’re feeling unwell and they have the equipment to do so without hesitation.
- Our employees are following proper best practices in terms of regularly washing their hands, not touching their face, and using hand sanitizer.
- Our employees are kept safe at the office as we’ve implemented enhanced cleaning protocols, especially in high-traffic areas of our workplace.
We have taken these measures as a precaution to keep our employees safe, as well as the employees working with the businesses we serve throughout the city.
Take Advantage of Microsoft’s Offer for a Free 6-Month Office 365 E1 Trial in Response to the Coronavirus!
Microsoft is offering a free 6-month trial of Office 365 E1 in response to the coronavirus. This trial includes Microsoft Teams, a popular collaboration tool that will help businesses enable their employees to work from home. If you don’t already have this in place, contact our team right away. Office 365 E1 will give you:
- Access to all web-based applications and business services, including email, file storage and sharing, meetings and IM, and more.
- Five layers of security and monitoring to safeguard any sensitive data stored on the system.
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime to keep your employees connected at all times throughout this challenging time.
As mentioned, if you don’t have this in place yet, we’re here to help. Our team is ready to assist you with the following:
- Get your FREE 6-month trial implemented right away.
- Assess your team’s home computers to ensure they’re safeguarded against threats.
- Train your team on how to use this solution in the most productive and secure manner.
- Provide ongoing support for assistance with troubleshooting and/or questions.
The Time is Now to Open the Door to the Modern Workplace. Keep Your Employees Safe with a FREE 6-Month Office 365 E1 Trial. Contact Us at (587) 200-9067 to Get Started.