Being a disrupter in the world’s oil and gas industry is Automated Rig’s goal. They have emerged as a global leader in the rig automation sector, revolutionizing and reducing manual interventions typically required on standard drilling and completions rigs.
Automated Rig has recently commercialized jointed pipe injection technology removing the requirement to transfer load thousands of times per well. This means that human input can be reduced by up to 94% on typical jointed pipe completions activities and remove personnel from the line of fire.
Automated Rig is excited to help evolve this area of the industry that has not witnessed a major change in the equipment over the past 70 years!
CTECH has been partnered with Automated Rig every step of the way. Throughout our relationship, we have continually evolved their systems to match their business needs and providing them world class IT support while they worked on creating their new technologies.
Andrew Richard, President of Automated Rig Technologies states: “For over the past decade, the CTECH Consulting Group have been supporting Automated Rig Technologies offices in both Calgary and Edmonton.”
To bring their new solutions to market, Automated Rig demanded to have the best IT support possible as any issue would cause missed deadlines and expensive downtime.
CTECH Support Department was able to meet their needs providing their staff with:
- 12-Minute First Contact: no Automated Rig staff were left wondering when they will get support. CTECH contacts their staff back within 12 minutes to either provide that immediate support or schedule a more in-depth session.
- Dedicated IT Team: There is no revolving door of techs trying to figure your specific systems while trying to help staff with their problem. Specific techs were assigned to ensure that they have knowledge of the systems to hit the ground running for any new support request.
- No Charge IT Support: no one hesitates to contact support when they need help. A request for help will never cost hundreds of dollars. If something breaks, CTECH will not bill to fix what broke.
“In 2019, CTECH guided us through a cloud migration (just before COVID), without that migration Automated Rig would have had a huge issue with remote work and transitioning out of the office. We made a seamless move from office to home and because of the CTECH model, they were able to support us as well as before.” adds Richard.
Over the years, CTECH’s IT Business Consulting team was able to maintain Automated Rig as a leader in their industry by aligning our IT solutions to their business goals. This IT alignment allowed for:
- Increased Mobility: any staff can communicate and collaborated anywhere via an Internet connection. This brought staff efficiency to the next level.
- Dynamic Scalability and Flexibility: without needing expensive hardware, the system adjusts based on the business needs of the moment. This allowed the entire corporation to scale as needed.
- Data Security and Compliance: Given the sensitive nature of Automated Rig’s operations, CTECH employed robust cybersecurity measures safeguarding critical information from potential threats.
Richard sums up CTECH relationship: “We’re very happy to have an IT partner like CTECH in our corner.”
My passion is to be a positive force that empowers businesses to achieve more through technology. I have over 30 years of experience of staying a head of the curve by finding innovative ways to empower businesses with the right technology solutions to become leaders in their industry. I built CTECH as an extension of that vision. Every day, my staff work and live in the environment where anyone, anywhere, on any device, at anytime can securely access any information and communicate/collaborate with anyone.